Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Steffy's 26th Birthday!

On Friday morning the 9th, despite being sick, Steffy and I ventured to her hometown of Lathen up North for her birthday weekend. Friday we spent most of the day hanging out with her family. We did go over to her sister's house. They happen to have a dog the size of a small horse (no, I'm not exaggerating). Bootsi is a male St. Bernard, and since they rarely neuter their pets here...he's a big one. Apparently he'll be spending two weeks in our little apartment when her sister is on her honeymoon.
Saturday we set up for her party at the Boat club (Haffen), and had some delicious Torte, which I learned how to make from her mom. Here is a picture of Steffy's friend Nadine and I before heading over for the party. Needless to say it was little cold in the Haffen with no heat and only one heat lamp!
Here's a picture of some of the people there...these are mostly her friends rather than family, who were also there. About 12 in total. We had soup, and a normal German thing about 20000000 bottles (they mix EVERYTHING with EVERYTHING).
Here's a picture of her friend Sun and I tearing up the dance floor. Not literally. When I am in awkward situations I tend to lose my ability to censor my quite dramatic dance moves. Apparently they all think I belong on Broadway.
Sunday we headed back to Warendorf, where I had about four more days until I left for my fall break trip with a few other assistants. All in all a good time. I think I like our birthday tradition of everyone else paying for the birthday kid a little better than the birthday boy or girl having to pay for all their friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment